spotlight-dev@lists.apple.com

getting indexed terms Andrew Naylor Sun Aug 14 22:00:51 2011

Say I have a given file, and I want to get a list of all the indexed terms
in the content or filename of the file.  I don't see how to do this on the
command line (mdlist doesn't get terms from the content, it just seems to be
metadata); is there a programmatic way of doing it?  And do any of these
terms have weights (e.g., something from the title of an MSWord document
having higher weight than body text).

I am trying to do this from Java, btw.

Thanks,

Andrew