streaming-server-users@lists.apple.com

RTSP setup method issue. Nilanka Weeraman Wed Apr 01 19:00:43 2009

I'm testing Circuit switching streaming with darwin server.
but there is a small problem.
When the RTSP requests come to the streaming server it does not follow the
standard way.
Here is the scenario:
1. client --> server :- RTSP describe received
2. server --> client :- SDP is sent back
3. client --> server :- SETUP is sent for video stream
4. server --> client :- responds with port details
5. client --> server :- SETUP is sent for audio stream
6. server --> client :- responds with port details
7. client --> server :- PLAY
8. server --> client :- OK

1. tried to test with rtsp streaming with .3gp file
but with my test scenario, the audio is not being set up. that is step 5,6
are not there. so it continue to play video only. I checked the RTSP client
specification also the audio   codec I used (AMR-NB) is listed as
supporting.

2. tried to test with rtsp streaming with .sdp file
step 5,6 are not there, but the client requests the PLAY. But the server do
not responds. Then client sends a TEARDOWN request. Not like above where the
video is only viewed, here both audio/video not working.

What could be the reason for this behavior?

Many thanks in advance.

Nilanka Weeraman