streaming-server-users@lists.apple.com

(no subject) John Korchok Sat Dec 25 19:00:14 2010

Hi, I tried searching for this information in the list archives, but just
get a proxy error from the Apple site.

I am running QTSS 6.0.3 on OS X 10.5.8 on a G4 Mac Mini. This box is also
running Apache 2.2.17 and is not running the OS X firewall. I have 5 static
I.P.s, all of which are in use, so I can't solve my problem by streaming
over port 80.

The streaming server is behind a router firewall. I have knocked the
following holes:
TCP:

554
7070
8000
8001
311
1220
UDP:

554
7070
6970-6999

I can successfully view video on the server using localhost and on a network
client using the server's I.P. address, but when viewing over an internet
connection, Quicktime only returns "Not Found". Viewing the QTSS access log,
it appears that QTSS has actually served the files.

I can only think that the firewall is still blocking content, but can't
think what further I can do to unblock it.

Sorry, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times here, but the
Search function is not co-operating. Thank you for any help, and have a
great holiday if you are celebrating one!

John Korchok