streaming-server-users@lists.apple.com

Re: An Open Source server supporting streaming to iPhones and iPads Marc Manthey Fri Jul 22 18:00:35 2011

On Jul 22, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

(Apologies for this slightly off-topic email, but I know that several people on this mailing list are interested in streaming to iPhones and iPad, and I couldn't find a mailing list specifically for "HTTP Live Streaming".)

The Open Source "LIVE555 Media Server" now supports streaming MPEG Transport Stream files (with H.264 video) to iPhones and iPads, using Apple's "HTTP Live Streaming" mechanism. (The server can stream the same file using either RTSP/RTP, or "HTTP Live Streaming", depending upon the client. Also, unlike other servers that support "HTTP Live Streaming", the Transport Stream files are not broken up into segments, but are left intact.)

For more information, see <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/>, or specifically <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#http-live-streaming>

hello ross,

i knew your doing great stuff :)

The downloadable file for intel mac seems to have a wrong mime type or /and no extension (.dmg ?) so it will be displayed as plaintext

http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/macosx/live555MediaServer

greetings

https://twitter.com/#!/macbroadcast/status/94516510814515200