taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Nested Tags Question Kris Schneider Tue Aug 24 12:32:14 2004

For JSP 1.2 and earlier, <rtexprvalue> means an attribute can take an expression
of the form <%= ... %> as its value. It's not until JSP 2.0 that the container
provides the same level of built-in support for EL expressions. If you want to
use EL expressions for attribute values in your own tags you have to handle it
yourself and set <rtexprvalue> to false. See the following for an example:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/10/30/jstl3.html

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>