theuniquegeek@googlegroups.com

[The Unique Geek] Re: What Are You Reading - 2012 Luke Jaconetti Thu Feb 09 06:00:55 2012

Van, I was thinking of your recommendation of the Ravenor books when
he shows up in the third book.  When we first meet the character in
the second book, I was thinking "how the heck can this guy start in
his own stories?" but when he shows up again in the third one, all was
made clear.  I am definitely going to pick that Omnibus up.  I also
have the Grey Knights Omnibus to read, which ties into the Inquisition
as well (militant arm).

About the only thing which chaffs me after finishing Eisenhorn is that
it is now very difficult to play an Inquisition force like we see in
the books (I am thinking the end of book one).  The previous edition
rules allowed you to play a "Daemonhunters" or "Witchhunters" army
where you had an Inquisitor and their crew, and then you could fill it
out with Stormtroopers (like the Kasrkin from the second book) and
conscripted Imperial Guardsmen (think the Gudrunite 50th Rifles from
the first book).  Now, the "Daemonhunters" have become straight Grey
Knights so you can't do that anymore.  :(

On an unrelated note I am really enjoying How The West Was Won.
L'amour has such an easy style to read, and his knack for description
is great.