thinking-sphinx@googlegroups.com

[ts] ERROR: malformed or unknown option near '--pidfile' sphinx anrake Mon Apr 27 16:09:15 2009

I get this error when trying to run rake ts:start in my app in
production on my shared host.  There is no problem when running it
locally.

ERROR: malformed or unknown option near '--pidfile'.

usage: searchd [--config file.conf] [--console]
Failed to start searchd daemon. Check /home/apps/myapp/shared/sphinx/
log/searchd.log.

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong? or how I can investigate it.
There is no searchd.log file.

Thanks