thinking-sphinx@googlegroups.com

Re: [ts] Re: problems with rotate Erik Landerholm Wed Nov 25 11:00:39 2009

Pat-
  Thanks for the repsonse.  Sorry, I didn't respond back with the answer.

  You are correct.  Compiling with the id64 flag did it.

  I have a new laptop now with snow leopard and compiled it with the 64-bit
architecture flags which I assume will also accomplish the same thing.  I
think I threw in the id64 flag just for good measure.

  I can't remember where I finally found the answer...some blog probably.
But the jist is Sphinx multiples the ids by 4 or something like that.  So if
you have an id up near 1 billion when it multiples it up it could go over
the 2 ^32 maximum of an unsigned int and then skip those entries.

Thanks.
Erik

Erik Landerholm
CTO, CarWoo Inc.