tivocentral@yahoogroups.com

RE: [TiVo Central] Recording from video input without TiVo service? Mike Thomas Mon Feb 05 06:17:04 2007

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of MegaZone
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Recording from video input without TiVo service?

Once upon a time Mike Thomas shaped the electrons to say...
> This is an on-the-cheap project, so I was thinking a used TiVo would be a
> good choice, but I need to make sure it will work without service. Would
> that mean it has to be series 1?

Yep, the S1 works without a subscription.  The Pioneer and Toshiba
units also include TiVo Basic so they work without a sub.

-MZ
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris