tivocentral@yahoogroups.com

Re: [TiVo Central] How to increase signal Glen Farney Tue Feb 21 17:01:10 2012

Netflix is optimistic about what works, and since that's not usually high def,
lower does work.  In any case, 30MB service is plenty, and you may be right
about the wifi being the issue.

You should look into other wifi issues, it's a whole art of it's own,
especially
if you live in an area with many wifi signals, and other things that can
interfere with wifi signals, like cordless phones, baby monitors, and anything
else on the 2.4 GHz frequency band.  Anything that's close to the router or
Tivo
is suspect.

Power strips can cause issues if you're using power line adapters, which I
don't
believe you are since you have a wireless router, but it shouldn't matter if
Tivo or the router are plugged into power strips.  Mine is plugged into a
battery back up unit, and works perfectly that way, the router is at the other
end of the house, but I still get a 70-80% signal.

Just to rule out Netflix, try streaming Pandora, or other web videos and see
how
they do, you might find it's a Netflix issue.  I had issues with Netflix not
working well on the Tivo, but worked fine on the computer or on my BlueRay
player, even streaming fine to an iPad or iPod, but Tivo performed poorly for
that particular service.
 Glen