torqueusers@supercluster.org

[torqueusers] problem with jobs sharing cores Fotis Georgatos Sat Feb 11 12:00:43 2012

Hi Mike,

I had to debug a problem during last week which appears somewhat related;
in short, the mpi stack (openmpi) was intervening in cpu affinity.

I was able to solve it in my case with the following line:
"mpiexec --report-bindings --cpus-per-rank 4 -np ..."
In your case I recommend a check on the equivalent FAQ of your mpi stack like:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#using-paffinity-v1.4

 From time to time you would like to check that your scheduler is actually
placing jobs on nodes as you imagine it would; this tool would help in this:
http://fotis.web.cern.ch/fotis/QTOP/
(tarball works fine in userspace, rpm & repo are available for sysadmins).

enjoy,
Fotis

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \