trac-users@googlegroups.com

Re: [Trac] Use of Mod_Auth_Apple with Passthrough to Tracd Jason Miller Tue Feb 21 09:01:55 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 8:04 AM, Michael Colburn wrote:

> We are using SSL with OS X Lion Server, and running Trac through
> tracd.
>
> Has anyone successfully done this, passing the SSL authentication
> through to Trac?  I have looked at lots of info online but have not
> found anything for this specific scenario.
>
> Thanks!

My apologies for two things… First, my reply went _above_ your post… making it
difficult to track responses, and two, I didn't see your subject line first!
Stunnel is obviously not a solution.

But because your using Apache (Web Services) already, it may not be possible to
tie both tracd and apache together. I hate the kind of people that ask the
question 'why are you doing this' rather then give an answer, But I honestly
(and humbly) have to ask why you are using tracd and apache simultaneously. :)

Still, I am trying to get Trac/WSGI, SSL and that Mod_Auth_Apple Authentication
through Apache working on my test machine if your interested in those results…
but I won't be using tacd. I honestly do not know how I would attempt Apache
accepting the connection, but then passing that information to another locally
running different web daemon.

Thanks!
Jason Miller