trac-users@googlegroups.com

RE: [Trac] Trac crashes with "database is locked" Cooke, Mark Tue Apr 03 01:01:03 2012

Not sure but here are some questions that should help understand your problem...
How did you move the repositories?  Did you make sure all access routes (e.g.
apache, svnserve) were disabled before you did it?  Have you tried running
svnadmin verify on your copied repos?  Do you have the same versions of
subversion, trac, python and the bindings on both servers?

> Now I get the following :
>
> Python Traceback
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-
> packages/trac/web/main.py", line 406,
> in dispatch_request
>    dispatcher.dispatch(req)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 191,
> in dispatch
>    chosen_handler = self._pre_process_request(req, chosen_handler)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 263,
> in _pre_process_request
>    chosen_handler = f.pre_process_request(req, chosen_handler)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/api.py",
> line 73, in pre_process_request
>    self.get_repository(req.authname).sync()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/api.py",
> line 104, in get_repository
>    repos = self._connector.get_repository(rtype, rdir, authname)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/
> svn_fs.py", line 235, in get_repository
>    fs_repos = SubversionRepository(dir, None, self.log)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/
> svn_fs.py", line 272, in __init__
>    self.repos = repos.svn_repos_open(self.path, self.pool())
>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libsvn/repos.py", line 55,
> in svn_repos_open
>    return apply(_repos.svn_repos_open, args)
> SubversionException: ('database is locked', 200030)

...did you search the subversion users list for this error?  Can you wind your
trac log up to `debug` and show the contents?

~ mark c

P.S. if moving to new servers, why still use python 2.4?