tvornottv@googlegroups.com

Re: [TV orNotTV] Re: At least two more years for Letterman, Ferguson David Lynch Wed Apr 04 07:02:19 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 23:26, Kevin M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> CBS has a wide variety of studio sizes. I confess to not being able to
> recall the numbers of each of the studios off the top of my head (I
> think it has been a dozen years since I last worked on the TV City
> lot). There is a detached pair of studios to the side of the main
> structure that held talk shows for Roseanne, Martin Short, and the
> Jerry Lewis Telethon. Complete with offices, dressing rooms, makeup
> and wardrobe facilities, and post-production bays, either would seem
> ideal in size and scale for Late Late Show's needs. If nothing else,
> the building is comparatively newer and it is less likely the roof
> leaks.

AFAIK, the two side-building studios at Television City are currently
being used for Dancing With The Stars and American Idol. Even if one
of them were open, they both feel pretty darn big for a 12:35 AM talk
show.

Then again, you can do a lot with camera angles and set design. Except
for the occasional wide shot of the audience, "Real Time" feels like
it comes from a smaller space than "The Price is Right" (or "Hollywood
Squares", "The $25,000 Pyramid", early-90s "Wheel of Fortune", or any
other number of game shows with really big sets that have taped in
that same studio.)

--
David J. Lynch