ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Nvidia Driver naming: confused Ric Moore Thu Apr 05 17:00:18 2012

On 04/05/2012 12:30 PM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
Leo Noordhuizen wrote:
I am running UBUNTU 11.10 with a Nvidia based graphics card.
Over the past time (years ?) I have seen discussions about the nv and
'nouveau' drivers.

There are three drivers available for NVidia cards:

The OP is referring to the two or three choices he sees when he cranks up jockey. They all relate to the nVidia driver. I see three as well. When firefox started to look wonky, with blue fleshtones in videos and smeared text, I tried the next one, then the next one, with a reboot inbetween. I don't understand the difference in the three, but all three are version 173.

That is what I think the OP was getting at, what is the difference between the similar looking proprietary drivers? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html