ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: Is nouveau default nvidia driver? Ric Moore Thu Apr 05 17:01:16 2012

On 04/05/2012 07:23 PM, Michael Miles wrote:
Considering the Cuda device in later NV cards I would not use anything but
NV drivers.
The biggest problem with that is not enough developers to make the code for
Linux based machines.
Which is the exact reason I have gone back Win 7 x64

Transcoding with Cuda is 10 times faster than just cpu alone

If you use NV drivers then make sure you use the drivers from Nvidia and
build a new kernel everytime you replace either the kernel or the drivers.

You got my curiosity up, so I'll download that thing later (a run file for 11.04 which hopefully will work on 11.10!) and see what happens. Sounds nifty. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html