unix@lists.slimdevices.com

Re: [SlimDevices: Unix] insserv: There is a loop between service squeezeboxserver and minidlna if stopped epoch1970 Thu Feb 17 02:00:52 2011

Looks to me like you have an /etc/init.d/minidlna file that the system
doesn't like. This blocks apt-get from modifying the system. The issue
is with the boot order of the services it seems.

IMHO the issue resides in the 1st lines of /etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver
and/or /etc/init.d/minidlna.

I think I remember I had issues with the standard squeezeboxserver
script because I needed to have MusicIP start before it, and that did
not happen properly (or there was an issue restarting SBS ?)
The MusicIP init script was more or less lacking the service
dependencies description header, so I cooked a few lines of my own in
/etc/init.d/mmserver and touched up /etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver. I
would suspect it is the same case with minidlna.

This is how my init scripts headers look like, and as far as I see the
setup works for me (YMMV)
/etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver:
Code:
--------------------
    #!/bin/sh
  #
  # $Id$
  #
  # squeezeboxserver    initscript for squeezebox.pl
  #                     This file should be placed in /etc/init.d.
  #
  # Original Author: Mattias Holmlund
  #
  # Updated By: Dan Sully

  #
  ### BEGIN INIT INFO
  # Provides:           squeezeboxserver
  # Required-Start:     $remote_fs mip
  # Required-Stop:      $all
  # Should-Start:       $remote_fs mip
  # Should-Stop:        $all
  # Default-Start:      2 3 4 5
  # Default-Stop:       0 1 6
  # Short-Description:  Startup script for the SqueezeBox Music Server
Transporter and SLIMP3 network music \
  #                     players and is the best software to stream your music
to any software MP3 \
  #                     player. It supports MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis,
WAV and more!
  ### END INIT INFO
--------------------

/etc/init.d/mmserver:
Code:
--------------------
    #! /bin/sh
  ### BEGIN INIT INFO
  # Provides:          mip
  # Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
  # Required-Stop:
  # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
  # Default-Stop:
  # Short-Description: MIP auto DJ
  ### END INIT INFO

--
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 2 SB Classic (fw 130), 1 SB Boom (fw 50) •
SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 (Debian 5.0) with plugins: ContextMenu,
SaverSwitcher by Peter Watkins • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris
•  WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
FindArt, CDplayer by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat by Erland Isaksson.