user@struts.apache.org

Struts 2 Portlet Plugin 2.3.1.2 Breaks Using Struts For Both A Portlet and Standalone Web App [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Feb 21 09:01:37 2012

I've got a few Struts application where I use the Struts 2 portlet plugin to
create a portlet and still have a standalone web application.

This worked fine through Struts 2 portlet plugin version 2.2.1.1.  For an
example of this download and unzip this Eclipse/Maven project

http://code.google.com/p/struts2-examples/downloads/detail?name=Struts2CRUDPortletExample_Finish.zip

 (read the README.txt file for how to build/deploy).

I tried to upgrade this project to use Struts version 2.3.1.2 (both core and
portlet plugin).  The portlet works fine.  But now when trying to load an
action for the standalone version (an action defined in package
extends="struts-default") I get the following exception:

Struts Problem Report

Struts has detected an unhandled exception:
Messages:

    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    An exception occurred processing JSP page /jsp/employees.jsp at line 5
2: <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %> 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: Stacktrace:

File:   org/apache/struts2/portlet/context/PortletActionContext.java
Line number:    225
Stacktraces
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page
/jsp/employees.jsp at line 5 2: <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>
3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: Stacktrace:

Did something change in the Struts 2 Portlet Plugin code from version
2.2.1.1 to 2.3.1.2 that might be causing this problem?

If needed I can submit a JIRA issue.

Thank You,

Bruce Phillips