users@maven.apache.org

Re: Junit ignored by Maven Gogirl Mon Feb 20 01:00:31 2012

I am sure that the answer to my problem is here somewhere but I can't find
it:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/junit.html

"You can also manually force a specific provider by adding it as a
dependency to Surefire itself..
When using this technique there is no check that the proper test-frameworks
are present on your project's classpath. Failing to add the proper
test-frameworks will result in a build failure."

To simplify further, I removed the provider but I get the same error
messages.
Could this be a classpath problem? If so, which of the many junit jars
downloaded by Maven need to be added?