users@maven.apache.org

Pom files organization / best practice Bata Degen Tue Apr 03 04:01:00 2012

Hi list,

I have set up a Java Enterprise project with Maven in Netbeans. The pom.xml files are organized hierarchically. I have poms for the entire project, for the ejb, the web and the assembly (ear) part of the project.

I don't know in which of these many pom files to place my <repository> elements.

Shall they be placed in the root pom or in the pom of the particular module where they are needed or does it make no difference? Is there a best practice for that?

Thanks for your advice!
Bata