users@maven.apache.org

Re: Pom files organization / best practice Ansgar Konermann Tue Apr 03 04:01:18 2012

Am 03.04.2012 12:55 schrieb "Bata Degen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi list,
>
> I have set up a Java Enterprise project with Maven in Netbeans. The
pom.xml files are organized hierarchically. I have poms for the entire
project, for the ejb, the web and the assembly (ear) part of the project.

> I don't know in which of these many pom files to place my <repository>
elements.

Nowhere in your poms. Use a repository manager, configure the repositories
you would like to use as proxy repositories in the repo manager and set the
repo mgr as mirror in your settings.xml

Best regards,

Ansgar

> Shall they be placed in the root pom or in the pom of the particular
module where they are needed or does it make no difference? Is there a best
practice for that?