velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Re: [RESULT] Move Velocity to TLP Geir Magnusson Jr Sun Sep 24 17:02:39 2006

This vote closed sooner than expected.  I was traveling and there was no
stated deadline.

I'm +1 and -1.

I'm +1 as I do think that Velocity as a TLP is not unreasonable.  Not
necessary, but not unreasonable.

I'm -1 because I'm worried that this is a new kind of umbrella that's
planned. Making it a catchall for things that are and use Velocity is
going the wrong direction.

If there are projects that aren't template engines that want to come to
Apache, the door is open and they are welcome.

But putting anything that uses Velocity into a TLP is like using things
that use log4j into the same TLP (which would re-create Jakarta... :)

geir