versionone-users@googlegroups.com

Re: Splitting a story mid-sprint Luanne Fri Jul 31 13:30:28 2009

Yes, that is a nice benefit to tie them together but you cannot set
the split from and to values.  Those are set by the system when the
item is split.

There is no elegant way to do this so you will have to choose the less
painful way.  Andre's idea of an epic would work too but if you want
to continue to split then one other option would be to leave the tasks
on the story with zero in their "To Do"...I would still apply a
detailed estimate so you know what to set the ToDo to once you split
it.  Then you can leave the story be until the end of the sprint,
update the "ToDo" values of the stories that need to move and split
it.

I'm assuming teams are getting better at getting all the tasks out
during planning so hopefully this becomes the exception not the norm
and you won't have to keep doing this much longer.

-Luanne