versionone-users@googlegroups.com

RE: What happens when backlog items "run out" of IDs Steve Paro Wed Feb 01 19:01:16 2012

Hi Chad,

Have no fear, you've got at least another 2.1 billion stories to go.  The
number portion of the ID is masked.  The UI will reveal the extra digits when
it is required.

Steve Paro

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chad Peterson
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 2:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: What happens when backlog items "run out" of IDs

Not that I have a pressing need at this moment, I was curious what happens when
VersionOne items "run out" of IDs.

For example, what happens when TK-99999 is created, and we want to create one
more task. Is there a way to increase the digits? Does we have a Y2K like
experience, and the world devolves into mass chaos?

As a programmer, and someone who will have 60+ developers across 10+ teams
working many, many products out of a single VersionOne instance, I was
wondering if I should be concerned -- or rather -- am preparing a response to
that concern from management.

Thanks in advance to anyone knows the answer to this mystery!
PROTECTED]>.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/versionone-users?hl=en.