versionone-users@googlegroups.com

RE: Mass Update Product Owner Nathan . Banek Fri Feb 10 08:01:38 2012

Mike,

Your reply raised a question for my team. We were under the impression that
import could not update versionone objects, but could only create new ones. It
seems that your saying import can actually update objects too.

Karen - there is a bulk update request to do exactly what you are asking for at
the V1 ideaspace page. It could use some more votes:
https://ideaspace.versionone.com/default/Idea/Detail/745.

-Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MikeD
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:29 PM
To: VersionOne-users
Subject: Re: Mass Update Product Owner

There is no direct way in the product to do this (for instance check the
selection box of the records you want to change and have an option for changing
the owner).
The easiest way is to export the records you want to change to excel and then
change the value for owner to the new value and then import them again.

This could also be done through the API but would be more involved.