versionone-users@googlegroups.com

RE: Production vs. Development Defects Jim.Ashe Fri Mar 02 07:02:08 2012

The easy answer is use an internal/external button (you can create one of these
as a custom entry).  We have found that can be misused, so we categorize
external defects as those specifically associated to a service call in our CRM
system.  That way we can track exactly where it came from and there is no
argument about if it is REALLY external or not.

Hope This Helps,
jim

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Johns
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Robert Turley; Celeste Garcia; Karen Kelley
Subject: Production vs. Development Defects

We are using the Defect work item type for both issues found in released code
and also issues found in test as we develop new code.  We want to start
distinquishing which defects were found in production and which defects were a
result of the QA/Testing process for new code.

Anyone have a best practice for this?