versionone-users@googlegroups.com

Re: Production vs. Development Defects Michael Depaoli Fri Mar 02 10:03:09 2012

I think Jim is referring to adding a list type or radio button custom field. I
would recommend the list type field if you take the approach Jim mentions
because the list type custom field can also serve as filter criteria for data
grids.

Mike

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 2, 2012, at 7:46 AM, "Todd Johns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>> wrote:

Not sure I understand what you mean by an internal/external button.  Does it
add some kind of attribute to the work item to report off of?

________________________________
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL
PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>] On Behalf Of [EMAIL
PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 8:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Robert Turley; Celeste Garcia; Karen Kelley
Subject: RE: Production vs. Development Defects

The easy answer is use an internal/external button (you can create one of these
as a custom entry).  We have found that can be misused, so we categorize
external defects as those specifically associated to a service call in our CRM
system.  That way we can track exactly where it came from and there is no
argument about if it is REALLY external or not.

Hope This Helps,
jim