vmaxtech@yahoogroups.com

RE: [vmaxtech] Bike is sick johnny poss Thu Apr 05 12:00:38 2012

I figured out yesterday that #4 plug wire was loose at the coil. Reconected and
the spark was there, I checked all four plugs and the spark seemed the same on
all of them.  I am not sure if the spark I saw was normal or not I just figured
the spark would be bigger.  I'm not sure what/where to check the 12V
connectors, will look them up and is the TCI/DCI box under the left scoop or
under the air box or where?

Thanks for the info

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:30:13 +0800
Subject: Re: [vmaxtech] Bike is sick

Based on your advice about the lack of spark on #4 and weak spark on#3 you
might want to check basics first. Look at the coil connectors. The Vmax is
famous for electrical problems caused by dirty / corroded connections. To
confuse matters, the coil for #3 is above #3 cylinder (follow the HT lead). The
coil for #4 is above #2 cylinder,( follow the HT lead.) Check out the 12V
connectors and the connector at the TCI / DCI black box. You could also refit
everything and start the bike in a pitch black garage and check for HT lead
electrical leaks. Surprising what shows up under the cover of darkness.

Also, a very good source of braided hydraulic brake lines, made up or
components and other parts, is Goodrich
JMB.