vmaxtech@yahoogroups.com

Re: [vmaxtech] Bike is sick JMB Thu Apr 05 17:00:53 2012

You should take off the air box and the seat. The coil connectors into the
harness are on the coils. There is an ‘extra’ wire on #2 coil (above 34
cylinder) This is the sensor for the tacho. If you think the spark is a bit
weak, you may have a leak in the HT lead.
The ignition vacuum advance is taken off #2 cylinder intake manifold. Follow
the rubber tube to the igniter (blackbox) near the steering head. Check for
leaks in the tube and whilst you there, you could also check and clean any
other electrical connections you can see.
JMB

From: johnny poss
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 2:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [vmaxtech] Bike is sick

I figured out yesterday that #4 plug wire was loose at the coil. Reconected and
the spark was there, I checked all four plugs and the spark seemed the same on
all of them.  I am not sure if the spark I saw was normal or not I just figured
the spark would be bigger.  I'm not sure what/where to check the 12V
connectors, will look them up and is the TCI/DCI box under the left scoop or
under the air box or where?

Thanks for the info