vmaxtech@yahoogroups.com

RE: [vmaxtech] radial tires poll Tony M Sun Apr 08 08:00:16 2012

Rick,

In actual fact because the arm tapers in, whether a 17" fits or not is
irrelevant, as the contact point for an 18" is commensurately further along
the taper.  However I can tell you that the Metz, Dunlop, & Avon 18" fit
without rubbing on my wheel.  The relevance of the words "my wheel" (RMS
Sportmax) is that its offset allows the tyres to run central.  Please note
other wheels might not do the same.

>From running a ME880, two D207's and currently using an AV72, the ME880
gives better mileage, the Dunlops better grip, and so far the AV72 appears
to be somewhere between the two of them.

The usual benefit of a 17" wheel other than the wider choice of tyre, is
that a large number of Vmaxers tend to be short arses, and that the lower
riding height of a 17" makes it easier for them to touch the ground, and
Yes, I am being serious here, it is a fact.

Lastly, I would be very keen to hear from anyone who had run both 180/55 and
160/60  '18s', to understand what if any, the differences were.

Tony M

  _____