wamug@wamug.org.au

Re: time machine -disk repair failed gary dorn Tue Feb 21 18:00:35 2012

Hi
repairing disk keeps coming up with
Error: Could not unmount disk

I did a web search about this error message,  and it was suggested
that I eject the disk from Finder

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/archive/index.php/t-91030.html

which I did then
started repair

got this message
Verify and Repair volume "disk1s3"
Volume repair complete.
Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required.
Error: Disk Utility can't repair this disk. Back up as many of your
files as possible, reformat the disk, and restore your backed-up
files.

got same message 4 x times
Hard disk name has change to disk1s3 ( I had named it TM 465)

given that this disk has only been used for Time Machine - what could
be causing a corruption?

Have I stuffed it up?

thanks