wamug@wamug.org.au

Re: Filemaker 12 released Peter Hinchliffe Wed Apr 04 17:00:44 2012

Now that the cat's out of the bag (I've had a pre-release version for several
weeks), I can assure you that Filemaker 12 is the most significant new release
of Filemaker Pro since the change from FMP 6 to FMP 7. It also brings a change
in the underlying file format, to the point that FMP12 is not compatible with
previous versions, and old files need to be converted. Fortunately, this is
simple and quick. Filemaker 12 also requires, at minimum, an Intel-based
running Mac OS X 10.6. Previous versions of Filemaker cannot read Filemaker 12
files.

We will definitely be showing this off at the next meeting.

On 04/04/2012, at 11:55 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Of interest to some,.. Filemaker released Filemaker Pro 12 with some cool new
> features from what I've seen,....
>
> <http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/04/filemaker-pro-12-adds-new-starter-solutions-and-broadens-ios-integration/>
> (all pricing in US dollars)
>
> Kind regards
> Daniel
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
>
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>

> **For everything Macintosh**

> Settings & Unsubscribe -

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948