webcore-dev@lists.apple.com

Re: Plug-in won't load in Safari on G3 box Nir Soffer Mon Jan 28 18:03:52 2008

William, I can't help you with this.

On Dec 11, 2007, at 22:39, William E. Jens wrote:

I forgot to add that I'm developing under Xcode 2.4.1 on Tiger using the
10.4 universal SDK and a 10.3 deployment target.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of William E. Jens
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Plug-in won't load in Safari on G3 box

I have a rather simple plug-in based on the NetscapeMoviePlugIn example (strip out all movie related code and basically rely on NPP_StreamAsFile for my code). It works on 10.3.9 PPC/G4 Safari 1.3.2, but my G3 machine
with the same setup won't load it. It displays it in the list of
installed plug-ins, but it never loads it. However Firefox on the same
machine will load the plug-in.

I've gone over my Xcode settings resetting anything that appeared
processor dependent and even turning off optimizations but I can't
figure out why only Safari on a G3 won't load it.

Any ideas on where I should look next would be helpful.

Thanks,
William

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best Regards,