wikipedia-l@wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Russian Wikipedia award? gwern branwen Mon Dec 04 06:10:37 2006

On 12/3/06, Александр Сигачёв <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Unfortunately my English is not so good to write report about this.
> But we have really received the prestigious national (powered by
> UNESCO) award in "Education and science" section.
>
> This is figurine
> http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Premiya_runeta2006.jpg
>
> Fortunately, the monetary prize is absent (it would be not clear that
> we do with it). The ceremony will be broadcast on TV, and we hope,
> that it will involve new participants.
>
> Machine translation of the news release
> http://tinyurl.com/yb7m5a
>
> --
> Kunlabore,
> Alexander Sigachov (Ajvol)

While we're on the subject, I've added an (extremely crappy, which
needs tons of work) [[Runet]] article. It seems that Runet is some
sort of major ISP for Russia, like AOL in its prime, so this award has
probably driven tons of traffic to ru. Good job!

--Gwern