wikipedia-l@wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Begging letters on our blogs? GerardM Tue Dec 19 18:03:17 2006

Hoi,
When DirtyCom donates $20.000,- to the Wikimedia Foundation, it does not
gain leverage on the WMF. So it does request us to be nice. When this gets
in the news that they operate in this way, they will have a serious public
relations issue. Not only did they raise their x level in order to raise the
repeat sales, they also have raised a lot of negative sentiment for their
brand.

Many companies understand very well who it is they deal with. Not
understanding this aspect of  the Wikimedia Foundation and its project is
seriously stupid. For the WMF organisation not to appreciate this aspect of
its projects is impossible. It is therefore extremely unlikely that a
situation like this will arise.

Thanks,
    GerardM