xcode-users@lists.apple.com

Re: App crashes when debugging, not in normal execution Steven W Riggins Mon Sep 24 12:00:50 2007

On Sep 21, 2007, at 7:34 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
We get this too. It only happens while stepping, maybe only while single-
stepping.

I think it's a bug in Xcode (we're using 2.4.1).

I've had this happen in the past. Almost every time it has been a memory management bug on my part, usually involving Core Foundation objects.

Debugging is much more strenuous on your code, more likely to cause reuse or the value of dead pointers to change, etc.

Another fun one is threads, make sure your threading code is semaphored properly so you don't get some funky code execution path that only "works" when you don't stop one thread.