xcode-users@lists.apple.com

Re: ld: warning: -mlong-branch no longer needed Fritz Anderson Fri Feb 19 20:00:38 2010

[Originally sent to Lyndsey only; reposting to the list.]

Can you clarify?

You say you removed -mlong-branch. My problem is that I can't see where it's
set for me to remove it. The command line doesn't have the switch, and the
build settings don't turn on the corresponding variable. Also weird is that
it's PPC-only; i386 is fine.

The warning seems to be about how crt1.o in the 10.4 SDK was built. I'd expect
SDK libraries to be well-behaved, so I worry something is wrong with my
installation.

        — F