xcode-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Getting xcode to focus on paused instance Rick Mann Thu Feb 23 16:00:30 2012

Related to this: If I have two windows open (to try to have one for one
executing instance, and another for a second instance), then the windows tend
to share state. For example, if I switch the console output in one window to
that of the other instance, both windows' consoles change focus.

Very often, if I try to bring one window forward, the other window then
immediately comes forward, creating an effect where the back window flashes
briefly.