xgrid-users@lists.apple.com

Re: [Xgrid] Snow Leopard upgrade Xgrid problem Charles Parnot Thu Oct 08 16:03:15 2009

Thanks for sharing, Ernie, I appreciate the effort to share :-)

In any case, interesting move. That means that if one has some software that can take advantage of 2 cores (these characteristics can be different from taking advantage of 2 separate processors), then he/ she should try to do some multithreading, or even spawn 2 processes from a wrapper script. In this sense, it's good, but on the other hand, it's kind of making the user take more of the decisions and having to do some extra work.

thanks,

charles