xsan-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Xsan FSM crashes after update to 1.4.2 Ronald P. Pfister Mon Jan 21 18:01:38 2008

On 09.12.2007, at 13:33, Vilius Šumskas wrote:

...For now I‘ll leave the things as they are now, but this is definetely something wrong with Xsan 1.4.2 update, maybe that‘s because I‘m using mixed PPC and Intel clients/MDCs, or maybe I'm having currupted meta data, and this update only showed that. I don't know...

This is tangential to your problem, but in a post on a different topic on Xsanity, your above assumption was confimed (i.e. that Xsan 1.4.2 does not play well in a hybrid intel/ppc-client environment). I later called Apple Enterprise Support, and they were able to confirm this (albeit not without being pointed to the Xsanity-thread).

http://www.xsanity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2322#2322

I have since then upgraded the setup I mentioned in that thread to OSXS 10.4.11 while leaving Xsan at 1.4.1. This solved the problem I had, and has not had any adverse effects on FSM stability.

HTH,

Ron

--
=================================