xsan-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Upgrade a Qlogic 5200 switch Kerry Tobin Fri Sep 19 19:00:27 2008

I rechecked the documentation because I couldn't remember... You're not going to be able to do a hotreset (NDCLA) if you're upgrading that far.

Firmware 7.4.0.06 introduces IPv6. Changes made to support IPv6 require a switch reset for SANbox 5000 Series customers running firmware 6.8 and earlier. Therefore, a Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA) is not available for these customers.

Kerry Tobin