xsan-users@lists.apple.com

Re: PioOpen: no device for disk "XsanLUN4" Rhon Fitzwater Mon Jan 19 08:00:41 2009

I am not using zoning on the fibre switch. I have a Qlogic 1404 right out of the box. Should I set the switch up to use zoning?

-Rhon
On Jan 19, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Scott McCulley wrote:

Check your zoning to make sure you have included the mete-data volumes. And if you are using Qlogic switches, you might need to to a complete restart of them to make it work. Has happened several times to us when making zone changes.

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mon Jan 19 09:17:40 2009
Subject: PioOpen: no device for disk "XsanLUN4"

All,

I recently setup XSan and may be having a few issues.  When I open
XSan Admin, in the Volumes pane, my volume HomeVol has a cation symbol
over it.  I wanted to check the integrity of the volume by using the
cvfsck command, but I am getting errors using the command.  Its worth
noting that I am using the latest version of XSan and OS 10.5 server
(all patches and updates). Here are the steps I took:

In XSan Admin:
- unmounted volume from three servers (mdc, backup mdc, and one client)
- stopped the volume

Output rom Terminal on MDC:
mdc:~ admin$ sudo cvfsck -wv
Password:

BUILD INFO:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Server Revision 3.1.0 Build 2 (339.24)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Built for Darwin 9.0 i386
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Created on Mon Oct  6 15:11:36 PDT 2008

Xsan File Systems on host mdc.xxxx.xxx:

1)  HomeVol

Choose a file system by number (1-1) or zero (0) to exit -> 1

** WARNING ** This file system check may modify the meta-data of the

              --- [HomeVol] ---

              file system. This procedure cannot be un-done!

Do you want to proceed? (Y/N) -> Y

PioOpen: no device for disk "XsanLUN4".

*Fatal*: Cannot open stripe group "MetadataAndJournal" - Operation not
supported by device
*Fatal*: Physio_init failed.

Can someone please shed some light on what these errors mean? I am
able to provide additional details if needed.

Thanks,

-Rhon

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]