youtube-api-gdata@googlegroups.com

[YouTube-API] Re: Accessing YouTube API through a deployed Google Chrome Extension - Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. Jeffrey Posnick Tue Feb 21 15:00:58 2012

Hello Sean,

 No, I am not aware of any way to work around the built-in security
restrictions in the Flash runtime. You could ask your users to
manually change their Flash security settings, but I doubt too many of
them would want to do that (and it's not really a recommend practice).
This has nothing to do with whether swfobject is used to construct
your embed tags.

 HTML5 <video> can also be used for YouTube playback when you use the
<iframe> embed method. I don't think you'd have the same issues with
that (though I haven't tried using the <iframe> embed in a Chrome
extension). Give it a try:

  http://apiblog.youtube.com/2010/07/new-way-to-embed-youtube-videos.html

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev