ivtv-devel

Re: [ivtv-devel] tveeprom cannot autodetect tuner! (FQ1216LME MK5) Martin Dauskardt Mon May 25 14:00:22 2009

Am Montag, 25. Mai 2009 21:34:43 schrieb Martin Dauskardt:

> #define TUNER_PHILIPS_FM1216MK5         79
> result: picture o.k. , but audio disappears every few seconds (for about 1-2
> seconds, then comes back)

correction: This is not a problem of tuner type 79. It happens also with tuner
type 38. Sometimes the audio is also muted after the start of the
application. Only switching to another input and back brings the audio back.

I am beginning to wonder if this problem may be related to a similar problem
with the PVRUSB2:
http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2009-May/002331.html

If there is a problem with the new v4l2 sub-device mechanism, it seems to be
more specific to some devices than to others. With my PVR350 I didn't notice
such problems - although I remember that in **very** rare cases the audio
fails after a channel switch.

Greets,
Martin