java-dev

Re: Can I develop iPhone applications using Java? Petite Abeille Thu Jun 25 14:01:06 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

Why are you here? I'm serious. Why are you subscribed to a Java devel list if that's your honest opinion?

Yep, Java sucks, get over it. Ronald cannot help taking a cheap shot. And no offense to COBOL either :P

But back to the topic at hand... if Java sucks, square brackets scare you, and COBOL is not your cup of tea, then... try Lua, a friendly little scripting language:

http://www.lua.org/about.html

iPhone friendly as well:
"Corona SDK for iPhone App Development"

http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/

On a lighter note:

"Java would be Fundamentalist Christianity - it's theoretically based on C, but it voids so many of the old laws that it doesn't feel like the original at all. Instead, it adds its own set of rigid rules, which its followers believe to be far superior to the original. Not only are they certain that it's the best language in the world, but they're willing to burn those who disagree at the stake."

"If programming languages were religions"
http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

Cheers,

--
PA.