jboss-development

Re: [jboss-dev] Scanning jars for package capabilities Scott Stark Thu Jun 18 23:00:20 2009

There was a discussion of creating our own index format based on a pure java zip file implementation that would allow for building metadata information beyond just package names;

- annotations
- packages
- classes
- nested jars

This would just be input into the vfs layer, and separate from the jboss-classloading.xml which would describe which packages would be visible.

David M. Lloyd wrote:
What about simply not doing that? In other words, don't advertise capabilities unless they are expressly defined in a jboss-classloading.xml... is this an option?

Also - it may be worth seeing if specifying jboss-classloading.xml disables this scanning action.

- DML