jbossws-dev

[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Upgrading jboss-bootstrap and the WS ALRubinger Mon May 18 08:00:28 2009

While upgrading jboss-bootstrap in AS to the new implementation, I've hit:

  |         at
org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.WSDLFilePublisher.getPublishLocation(WSDLFilePublisher.java:338)
  |         at
org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.WSDLFilePublisher.publishWsdlFiles(WSDLFilePublisher.java:103)
  |         at
org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.PublishContractDeploymentAspect.start(PublishContractDeploymentAspect.java:50)
  |         at
org.jboss.wsf.framework.deployment.DeploymentAspectManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentAspectManagerImpl.java:129)
  |         at
org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss50.deployer.ArchiveDeployerHook.deploy(ArchiveDeployerHook.java:76)

Where [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

locationFile = new File(serverConfig.getServerDataDir().getCanonicalPath() +
"/wsdl/" + archiveName);

The "serverConfig" in place here is a
org.jboss.wsf.spi.management.ServerConfig, which I'll need to retool to match
up with:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/bootstrap/trunk/spi-as/src/main/java/org/jboss/bootstrap/spi/as/config/JBossASServerConfig.java

So the steps we need to take are:

1) Identify the right version of WS subprojects to alter
2) Make the changes
3) Cut interim internal releases (ie. some *"-alpha-1")
4) Bring the interim releases into AS component-matrix/pom.xml in my bootstrap
upgrade branch[1].
5) After we merge into AS Branch_5_x, cut new WS releases @ proper level (GA
implicit).

I'm happy to make the changes required, but given the extensive nature of the
WS projects would like some assistance:

1) Identifying where the changes should go
2) Running the appropriate WS TestSuites

Thanks. :)

S,
ALR

[1] -