leaf-user

Re: [leaf-user] how to reprogram diskonchip modules Ralph Green Mon May 18 07:00:54 2009

Howdy,
  They may well support pxeboot.  But, it won't help.  The goal is to
turn these into firewalls and access points.  The devices need to be
able to boot on their own.  For example, I'll take one to a meeting to
serve as an impromptu access point.  I won't have a configured tftp
server handy.  I want one that has more features and is more secure than
inexpensive commercial offerings.  The device needs to boot Linux and
the best place to put that would be in a diskonmodule device.
 These thin clients don't have any place for a CD drive or IDE hard
drive.  Mine are not unusual.  That is common for thin clients.
Thank you for the suggestion, though.
Ralph