lfs-book

Re: lfs-svn gcc tests may be unusable Gilles Espinasse Mon Jun 01 17:01:04 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Dubbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "LFS Book Maintenance List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 1:20 AM
Subject: Re: lfs-svn gcc tests may be unusable

> Gilles Espinasse wrote:
> > I just tested current lfs svn from jhalfs build on a debian lenny
(athlon
> > XP).
> >
> > On chap6, no error on glibc, no error on binutils, it was looking
perfect.
> > But then every tests on gcc is a failure.
> > This produce a 7MB log-test file full of error instead of the normal
35kb
> > file without error.
> > I join the beginning of the log only.
>
> The log you included looks normal.
Yes beginning of log look as usual until the FAIL lines.

>  What does `grep -A7 Summ` look like for you.

That had this horrible result
                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            935
# of unexpected failures        39632
# of unexpected successes       30
# of expected failures          146
# of unresolved testcases       8292
# of unsupported tests          1686
--
                === libgomp Summary ===

# of unexpected failures        446
# of unsupported tests          64
                === libmudflap tests ===

Running target unix
--
                === libmudflap Summary ===

# of expected passes            6
# of unexpected failures        559
                === libstdc++ tests ===

Running target unix
--
                === libstdc++ Summary ===

> Did you cross check against the links in the error discussion in the book?

Thank
That let me understood why tests are run later than previously.

I have now rebuild twice. I no more had the numerous errors on gcc. I don't
know why.
The only change should be that the machine was stopped during the night.

Sorry for the trouble.
Now log look the same, just the 'expected passes' that is curioulsy slightly
smaller on my machine
diff -Nur 074-gcc 074-gcc-test-log-ref | grep -A 3 Summary
                === gcc Summary ===

-# of expected passes           56337
+# of expected passes           56715
--