lfs-chat

Re: Having problems with chroot Nathan Coulson Mon May 25 01:02:18 2009

go to lfs-support for support, but this would imply that the nss
libraries are missing (so it does not know  your name is root).
Earlier books worked just fine in 'I have no name' (I am not sure if
this was added to version 4, or 5 of the book.  Ancient history you
should not see it today), but it was addressed later by adding some
packages into chapter 5.

Most likely something was missed in chapter 5

2009/5/23 Yaşar Arabacı <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using lfs book version 6.4 . I am at the part 6 which where I
> supposed to chroot. When I use command into chroot I encountered "I have
> no name" thing. I thought I couldn't login as root. To be able to login
> to root I used "exec /tools/bin/bash --login +h" command in another
> konsole. And now I can't login using chroot anymore. Does anyone know
> how to fix that?!?

Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------
Location: Brittish Columbia, Canada